Oklahoma Ice Storm *pics*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by countyroad1330, Dec 10, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    We've been having some strange weather around here, with sleeting thunderstorms and now downed powerlines and crashing trees. I thought I'd share a few pictures.

The first is a 20 something year old sycamore tree in my front yard. The little red spot on the left side of the picture is my roof; its a big tree.

The second is my neighbors yard. His tree fell and broke his fence. So far our fences are ok.

The third is for my mother. She said I had to take some pictures that weren't sad *ha*

I've got more, but I understand how us dial-up users can't always enjoy online photo albums. Hope everyone is staying warm!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cindydj

cindydj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2007
    Where are you in Okla?

3. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    South Central. Are you in Oklahoma?

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I love how pretty everything is after an ice storm, but I hate them. We spent a fortune to trim all the dead wood out of our trees. If we had an ice storm they would have taken out the power lines to our house. Nice pics, I like the "happy" picture, very pretty. One of the prettiest things I have ever seen was Nebraska after an ice storm. I was crossing the state on a bus going back to college and there was an inch of ice on everything, and the sun was shining. It looked like the world had been coated with crystal.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Holy Sheepdip Frosty the Snowdude!!!
    Hope the rest of you Okies are okay too.

6. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] talk about BYC withdrawls :eek:......been without electricity ,water,heat,and anything else we take for granted all day long.....We spent the day trying to get a generator working......watching most of my beloved trees fall from the weight of the ice [​IMG] trees fell on chicken coop,luckily it held up. as did the duck coop although they have a tree iced over in their pen.but they were up and swimming in pool [​IMG].......I am so thankful no trees hit the house, the only lose we had , building wise is a shelter for the horse.......my poor new chickens probably thought they had been sent to siberia...... we all are well and power back up ..........trees down all over town....hope all from BYC ,here in Oklahoma fared as well as I have....prayers to them all. We had our only high school burn to the ground last night [​IMG]
    Say a prayer for those that didnt get power back on...... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  7. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    i love to see the ice but not that much..

8. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Okie - I wondered where you'd been!!! That's scary, I'm sorry to hear about your high school [​IMG] Thankfully we haven't lost our power, or it at least hasn't stay off for more than a few seconds. We are you the only ones in our area, but apparently there's a tree leaning on a line behind our property :eek: We do have a propane heater, though!

My grandmother lives in Cement, south of me. She's been without power since 3:30 am. She said the last time this happened it took a week to get it back up. Half of Chickasha is out, including the high school. This is incredible!

P.S. Okie, did you get my message about the ducks? Just wanted to pass the info along before I let Marlys know at the Duck Rescue.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Those pic's are amazing - I'm sorry they bring such distruction!
    We had an ice storm, but it came with snow - more snow than Ice - nothing as bad as those pic's show!!! We then got about 6 or 7 inches of snow............... more tonight apparently.

I'm glad everyone is ok!

10. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Wild - You must be WAY up north! Nebraska? Colorado?? I would much rather have the snow than ice. I don't remember what snow looks like *haha*

Okie - I love the pictures. The one with the red leaves is really neat! The berries were the prettiest thing I could find. We like ugly plants around here. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by