Oklahoma newbie chicken mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cwyrick1022, Feb 27, 2017.

1. cwyrick1022

cwyrick1022 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2017
    Oklahoma
    I live in Oklahoma Canadian county I recently convinced my husband to buy me a chicken coop and a chick for each of my little boys. My aunt raises chickens and has hundreds of them, so I've been around chickens most of my life. I live in a neighborhood and we finally are allowed to have chickens! We get our silkie chicks next week and we are so excited to be apart of the backyard chicken community!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Silkies are usually a favorite with kids and grown-ups. Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. You may want to visit the "Silkie thread." Just put that in the search box above, and it will come up for you.

3. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

That's great to get the kids involved and what better way then for each of them to have their own chicken...you guys are in for a lot of fun!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cwyrick1022 [​IMG] Welcome!

Best wishes to you, your boys and their new feathered friends.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in our community! Best of luck to you and your silkie chicks - I am sure your kids will love them!! [​IMG]

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Please make yourself at home here and enjoy yourself! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by