Old Ag Extension Book with Coop Plants- Have You Seen It?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DIYSeattle, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DIYSeattle

DIYSeattle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Maple Leaf
    There is an old ag extension book, or something like that I saw online a while back and I cannot find it now. I am pretty sure it was a PDF. It had how to build a commercial style chicken farm, next boxes, feeders and things like that. A seed sprouting rack and system for feeding the chickens as supplement.

I started looking for it again and I cant for the life of me find it online now. I want to say it was written in the 30s or 40s or so. All the pics are black and white. It was like they were trying to get people interested in poultry farming. I seem to be not lookiing in the right place. Ive looked through google and cant seem to find it.

Anyone know what Im talking about?

I found some articles and it may be earlier, around 1910 or so. It is possible that it is the Waterville, NY farm. I found some articles but not hte book. It seems that there was a correspondence school so perhaps the school wrote the book but I cant find it still.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. TheGardenCoop

TheGardenCoop Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2009
    Portland, OR
  3. DIYSeattle

DIYSeattle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Maple Leaf
    None of the links were it. I cant seem to find it on google books. I cannot remember where I saw it before. I wanted to reread a part of it. There were plate pictures of the farm with leghorns out and about. I want to say that they raised white leghorns.

4. TheGardenCoop

TheGardenCoop Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2009
    Portland, OR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by