Last year, we had an old wooden bedframe that I turned into a temporary coop until I finished building my "Churkey Loft" chicken coop. I basically wrapped the bedframe in chicken wire and covered one side to provide for shelter and put our 8 week old chicks in it. It looked like this: Now that our alpha hen has hatched three new chicks, and they have been ready to graduate from the small brooder in the garage, I took the old temporary coop into the garage for a little bit of re-modeling. While I was at work, I let the Mom and babies get a taste of their future free ranging: I stripped it down again and shored it up with 2x4s: Then I lined the coop area with new boards: Put a roof on it, access panels in the nest area as well as an entry door and wrapped the whole unit in hardware cloth and voila!: Here it is now sitting besides my other coop. Mother hen seems to like it so far and now she won't have to deal with 4 other hens as she's raising her babies: So, now the garage is ready for it's next batch of residents!