1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

old chook layer

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by morphett, Aug 11, 2011.

1. morphett

morphett New Egg

Jul 27, 2011
    I have a ausrolop chook which is 7 yrs old we sent her to some friends to look after for 12 mths.
    now we have her back she is laying an egg every 2 days is this normal as she hadn't laid an egg for 3 yrs.
    we have added 6 pullets to the tribe so would they have made her clucky!!!!!
    Sandy

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

Did you add the pullets before or after she started laying again? Perhaps it was the edition of new flockmates? [​IMG]

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Are you absolutely sure something didn't happen to your original bird and they didn't want to tell you so they pulled a "switcheroo"?

4. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

Are you absolutely sure something didn't happen to your original bird and they didn't want to tell you so they pulled a "switcheroo"?

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. morphett

morphett New Egg

Jul 27, 2011
    Old chook hatched 3 chicks a week ago, have one cranky rooster & 6 hens, have old chook isolated with chicks.
    how long before we can mix the chicks & old hen with the rooster & other hens.
    Sandy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by