old duck in need of a home FL

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by dukzzz, Mar 26, 2012.

1. dukzzz

dukzzz Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    There is a local pond by were I live in melbourne, fl where people dump demestic ducks. Me and my girlfriend go there as often as we can to check on the ducks and patch up any that need patching up. One of the ducks is an older drake pekin. He is extremely friendly which makes me think he was dropped off at an older age. He is slightly pidgeon toed which over the years has given him some arthritus so he limps. His feathers are ragged.

We help him out as much as we can but he really needs a good perminate home. He is not agressive at all towards other ducks and his breeding days are over so he won't hassle your girls. He just needs a good place to retire. If you could help out please let me know.

2. dukzzz

Jan 21, 2012
    he's a sweet duck and any kind of help would be appreciated

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I am wondering if the Buy Sell Trade forum might be a place to mention this. It's not exactly that, but it might be where someone looking for a duck might look . . . Just thinkin'

Thanks for bringing up this guy's situation. Gee, I hope someone in the area comes through.

4. dukzzz

Jan 21, 2012
    ill post on there and see if anyone is intrested. Thank you

5. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you posted this on the Florida Thread? Can get some help and advice on it.

Maye

6. dukzzz

Jan 21, 2012
    yea i posted it in the florida thread but haven't really had any responses. Hopefully someone will see it

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Dukz, did you catch him, or is he at the park still? If at the park then you need to talk to parks and rec about catching and rehoming him.

8. dukzzz

Jan 21, 2012
    no i havent caught him yet. I dont have a place to keep him yet(landlord says absolutely no more ducks). Thank you ill definitely contact them tomorrow and tell them the situation.

9. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

There are 2 rescues I know of that you could take him to. One in St. Pete and another in Tampa. Both would find him a great home and I have delt with both before.

10. dukzzz

Jan 21, 2012
    Do you recall the names of the rescues I looked up bird rescues in tampa and all I could find was a parrot rescue

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by