Old English BBred game birds

Southwind

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
I think I have some. (Why do I feel like I am confessing something naughty? heh)
My main flock is meat birds in a 20 X 70 pen.
A neighbor gave us some of these birds, and I love them. They refuse to be penned, but will hop into it to lay their eggs (when they aren't walking in the house to lay in the laundry room).

They range and feed themselves, except to beg for a little seed each morning when I dump my conure's leftovers.
They roost in the trees at night. But the neighbor gave us three hens, and we seem to be down to two. One of our Buff Roos has adopted these girls and he hangs with them in the day, and tries to make babies when he can catch them.

Does anyone else have these birds?

I raise American gamefowl, often mistaken for OEG. Used to have the OEG bantams too. Quite a lot of us raise gamefowl, even have our own thread, aren't we special
tongue.png
(actually, most breeds do have their own threads, so I suppose what makes us special actually makes us quite ordinary, therefore making us not special?)

-Daniel

I have OEG Bantam BB reds, two pair. They are the sweetest things, and I am having serious issues with the "dubbing" of the cockerels. I don't think I can bring myself to do it, no, I think I absolutely won't do it. I'd rather take the DQ at the show.

Quote:
Ooh, I need to find that thread! I might have Am gamefowl, I googled a pic and they look very similar to my hens. But my hens lay white eggs only, not tinted ones.

Back
Top Bottom