Old English, colors and cost

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mustangsaguaro1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mustangsaguaro1

mustangsaguaro1 New Egg

Dec 31, 2007
    I believe I have a bunch of Old English chickens. Can someone tell me what the colors of these are considered to be. Also, I am willing to either trade or sell these guys for a egg laying breed. If I do sell them what kind of price can I get for them?

[​IMG]

I believe this is a wheaten color, correct me if I am wrong.

[​IMG]

This is one of my 2 roosters and someone is interested in buying him so how much could I get for him. He is 7 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I think you have some very pretty mongrel chickens. Most do look like they have some OE in their background, but true OE are much smaller and have kind of a "busty" figure, for lack of a better definition.

Hatching eggs, probably $5 a dozen plus shipping, you will probably have no issue selling them at that price.

For the rooster, whatever they are willing to pay. Most sell roosters for $0-5 depending on what they are.

3. Cracker

Cracker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    North-West Florida
    My OEGB are giving me at least one egg every other day. I consider that pretty good for this time of year.

4. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    You are correct on the 1st one she is Wheaten color
    2nd Yellow Birchen
    3rd Golden Duckwing
    4th Golden Duckwing or Silver Duckwing, GDW and SDW hens are the same.
    5th would be called Brown Red
    6th would be considered Partridge colored
    This is just the colors, The breed you have are American Gamefowl, Which are Standard O.E. Game bred for pit purposes. The peacombs comes from breeding Oriental blood such as Aseel and Japs into Standard O E games, As far as their worth I guess it just depends on who and why they are wanting them..I keep 20 or so Game hens for setting purposes, They are great...If I were needing some I would have no problem paying $10.00 or $15.00 each for the hens

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:You sure you arent thinking about oegB's?? Beautiful birds!

6. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

mixed chickens.
    colors are as described but no telling what colors they could throw in the offspring

and pine's prices seem about right

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by