Old English Game Bantam with Dwarfism!

lostmarble

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
So I've been raising a new bunch of chickens that were hatched on May 4th-7th. Out of the 15 hatched were 5 wheaton old english game bantams, two cockerels, and three pullets. One of the cockerels turned out to be the most unique little blessings ever. During the first couple of weeks the two cockerels were pretty much indistinguishable, but as time went on one kept growing and the other stayed the same size. Little U, is what I named him. He has been healthy and active since he hatched except he has had a few leg problems and walks with a waddle. Little U has been eating well, and has developed in par with his brother but the poor little guy just hasn't grown at all. I am convinced that he has dwarfism. He is about the size of a small avocado and is already 2 months old with fully developed comb and wattles. He is the sweetest, cutest little thing alive on this earth and I love him to death. I just hope and pray that he stays healthy and can live a full, happy life as a teacup sized rooster.
I am posting this from my phone and don't know how to upload pictures from my phone, but ill add a link to see his picture from my profile pics. Any advice or knowledge about this would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom