Old English game bantams...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jdc361, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Jdc361

Jdc361 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2015
    Ok so I'm interested in old english game bantams... I would love to hear your experiences' and pictures would be great!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

3. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in a PM!!

Good luck with the flock!!

-Turkenstein25

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Definitely check out the Old English Game links that Wyandottes7 left with you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your OEGBs.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sorry I've never had any but, Welcome to Backyard chickens. I'm sure you will find others who keep and breed them.

8. JaeG

JaeG Overrun With Chickens

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Thought I'd put my two penny in seeing as I've just come across this. We drove an hour and a half (each way) to pick up two lovely little Old English Game Bantams. We have just done it again because we love them so much. We brought home another two today.

We have a black tailed wheaten, a partridge, a blue duckwing, and one that's the blue duckwing's sister but she's not really any particular colour. She's gorgeous though (I'll attach a picture) because she's very peaches and cream colouring but her legs are dark steel grey.

Our wheaten and partridge are in with two black Wyandotte bantams - the wheaten, called Sunflower, is top hen (and will hop on the Wyandotte's backs to let them know) and the partridge, named Pixie, is at the bottom. Pixie is so sweet and squats as soon as anyone goes near her and is very easy for our young kids to pick up or pat. They had been in an aviary with young pheasants and were completely wild when we brought them home, but we kept them inside for awhile and handled them a lot and they tamed down very fast. They are in the first photo - sorry I don't have anything more recent.

Our new babies are Elsa and Anna (yes, we have a 'Frozen' fan in our family)! Very pretty and again (having not been handled) are pretty wild but with attention and bribery (ie. food) they will be our best friends very soon I'm sure. They are such sweet little birds and come in such a gorgeous variety of colours. Our wheaten and partridge are laying and they would lay about five (little) eggs a week each, but I think that depends on their breeding as to how productive they are. We adore them!

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Jdc361

Jdc361 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2015
    Beutiful birds!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by