Old english game chicks, 6 wks old, gender??

Mkaz

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Huntsville, AL

I would like you so much if you told me I don't have three roosters on my hands! This is my first time with OEGs so I'm just hoping they develop differently...

Also, is there a correlation between leg color and the comb/wattles? The ones with dark legs are the ones with the big red combs and the other one's comb matches her legs. I know that in my adult hens, I've noticed it.

Thank you!

Sorry, but I think you might have at least 2 cockerels there, as I've hatched chicks before and the cockerels' comb developed far faster and was much redder than the other chicks' combs, which were very small and pale at this stage. My prediction would be that the white chick and the black/grey chick at the back are both cockerels, and the other grey quite possibly (but not as certainly) a cockerel as well.
Please note that I am by no means an expert on this, and this is just an opinion, and there is still hope!
smile.png
Whatever your chicks turn out to be I'm sure they will be beautiful healthy birds.
smile.png

I would like you so much if you told me I don't have three roosters on my hands! This is my first time with OEGs so I'm just hoping they develop differently...

Also, is there a correlation between leg color and the comb/wattles? The ones with dark legs are the ones with the big red combs and the other one's comb matches her legs. I know that in my adult hens, I've noticed it.

Thank you!
The three birds in back are cockerels. I've never noticed a correlation between leg color and comb/wattles.

Do you know what variety they are?

I think they're: BB RED, Silver Duckwing, Blue Splash, and Ginger? (that one I'm not positive about)

Definitely a pullet. No worries.

Are you saying that the gray one (not the yellowish gray one, but the dark gray one on the far right) is definitely a pullet? That would be amazing, but I'm not so sure.

Unfortunately I can't have roos : (

I would LOVE to keep them.

Any recommendations on giving them away but avoiding cock-fighters (we have that around here)? I'd love to donate them to a 4-H kid or something.... I think they'll be beautiful birds.

I called the hatchery that supplied them to my feed store. Ideal Poultry out of Texas. They told me they don't sex bantams. The store was advertising them as pullets.... even assured me they were sexed when I called. Frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom