Old English Game. Fawn Duckwing x Silver Duckwing. Offspring?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by bantamboy93, Dec 19, 2011.

1. bantamboy93

bantamboy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    So. I've been wanting to raise some fawn for a while. I got outbid at an auction a couple years back. I found a rooster today. Beautiful fawn coloring. Unfortunately, the man didn't have a fawn hen. But i bought all of his bantams. All old english game. And i'm wondering what would happen if i crossed the fawn rooster and the silver duckwing hen that he had this spring. Would I get fawn chicks?

2. GotGame

GotGame Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    NE of OKC
    Quote:Fawn Silver Duckwing x Silver Duckwing = 50% of each. Fawn breeds the same as andalusian blue. The silver duckwing is the black version of fawn silver duckwing.

3. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] What he said [​IMG]

4. bantamboy93

bantamboy93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    k thanks! looks like i really lucked up today.

5. KY2AL

KY2AL New Egg

Oct 9, 2016
    Alabama
    Old post I know. But I'm wondering what my outcome would be if I bred Fawn rooster to a BB red hen? Or if I bred him to a White OEGB?

6. cjperrault1

cjperrault1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2016
    Beaumont texas
    You would get gold fawn duckwing roosters 50% and fawn red pullets50% but if you breed them back you will get fawn red of both sexes

7. Rodney Foster

Rodney Foster New Egg

Aug 25, 2017
    Not really advisable to mix to the BBs unless your just enjoying watching the chickens in the yard... Reason being it could be several generations before you arrive at where you were originally headed.. Just sayin...

8. cjperrault1

cjperrault1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2016
    Beaumont texas
    True,but you can breed all ducking based fowl well most to get a different color or 50%each

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by