Old English Game ?

bigspringshatchery

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Roanoke Alabama
I'm wanting to pick up a pair or so OEGB. There is a guy that sells them locally here. He said he will only sell by the pair. He wants 20 a pair for ones that are about to lay. I gave a few questions.

1. Is this a good price
2. Are they good layers like my RIRs
3. What is a good breed to go with or are they all the same just look different?

where in bama are you ? and what color are the oegb , and are you wanting to show them ?
big_smile.png

That is a good price if you ask me! Especially if he has breeder stock instead of hatchery stock. I sell mine for $10 each usually. OEGBs are decent layers, but they lay tiny eggs and aren't as consistent as a production breed. They make excellent pets and are quite energetic and outgoing despite their small size. Mine like to fly on my back and shoulders when I go in the coop because they're so friendly! They do just fine with larger breeds although they're small.

I'm biased, though, they're one of my favorites.
wink.png
If you're looking specifically for layer birds you might want to pass and go for something bred more for production, but as pets and decorative birds they're wonderful and very fun. I love my OEGBs!

I'm in Randolph county. I'm not wanting to show. I jus want a few to raise to add to my flock. I have 9 others RIR hens I use as egg layers. Now I'm tryin to build up a few birds to sell eggs for hatching and to sell the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom