Old English Game!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dinos_rock, May 21, 2008.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Post pictures of your Old English Game Chickens! Here is a picture of my Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam Hen. I picked her out at a feed store for my dad who lives on a farm (I don't). I saw her every weekend and I liked her so much. She is how I came to really like chickens, so I asked my dad if I could keep her and another chicken, which turned out to be a roo. When I first got her she didn't like me at all. Now she loves me and I love her. Four more chicks on the way....[​IMG]

I haven't come up with the perfect name yet for my baby.... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is another picture of her. It is a bit blurry...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lets see pictures of your OEG's!!!![​IMG]

2. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    You got a cutie there:)

I have a hen and a roo. Just recently found out what they really are. I also have two of their babies that will 6 weeks old this weekend. One looks like the hen and the other like the roo:)

Here's Gravy.
    [​IMG]

Here's Bisqit.
    [​IMG]

Here's their babies.
    [​IMG]

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I like Bisquit and Gravy. Their names are original. They are pretty too. Your nameless hen is cool too, Dinos_rock. Sorry no pics to contribute, just comments.

4. a2ms4chickens

a2ms4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    Here are my son's SilverDuckwing OEGB hen and rooster.

My son walked around with the hen in his hood, at one of the poultry shows, for about 1/2 hour. She is such a friendly little girl.

[​IMG]

The rooster on the other hand, is pretty sassy, as one of the judges called him. Once you catch him though, he loves to be petted and talked to.

[​IMG]

5. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    She's very pretty. I really like the rooster:)

My Gravy is a sassy boy. He gives my dogs heck thru the fence. He started doing that when Bisqit got out a few months ago and Lily my english mastiff snatched her up and ran around the yard. She out weighs me by alot so it was a wrestling match as I tackled her in the yard. I won and neither dog or hen was hurt:) But every time Lily gets near the fence Gravy's fussing and kicking at the ground. He's ready to fight her no matter how small he is...hahaha. Can you believe that Bisqit walks right up to the fence everytime Lily gets close??? You'd think she'd stay away.

6. a2ms4chickens

a2ms4chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    Just imagine the picture I had of you wrestling with your dog to get your hen! [​IMG]

I'm glad no one was hurt.

We have a lab mix who likes to tease the OEGB rooster, too. Mine act like he is saying "bring it on".

These chickens of ours sure are entertaining, huh?

7. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

We just found out that we have an Old English Game. She is very friendly sits on your shoulder while you get thing done. She is a tiny thing at 12 wks.
    [​IMG]

8. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    All these chickens are way too cute! I love OEG's!![​IMG]

My chicken loves to fly up on my arm or shoulder and once she tried to fly on my head...[​IMG] The other day, she made it all the way up to the roof (so I had to clip her wing).

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] I love bisquit,,,,,, I had one that looked just like her,,,,,she is gone now,,,,,,,,,her name was Sweety

10. Dewey101

Dewey101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Elizabethtown,KY
    Here is Flame!!! 3yr old Red/Blue OEG

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by