Old English Game ........

RoxyOtis

Songster
12 Years
Aug 28, 2008
Modesto, CA
I have posted a picture of my chicks on a few sights and I found out they could quite possibly be Old Enlish Game hens and a roo. I read in a book about this breed that this breed were specifically breed for fighting and that they don't get alone with anyone. For example hens don't like hens and chicks don't like chicks,etc. Well to get to the point my hen and roo have been fighting non stop all day to the point where the hen was getting injured. I removed her and my other cicks are ok woth the roo.

My question is does anybody know if they will ever get used to each other? They are approx. 5 weeks old. Here is a pic of them, they are the darker ones on the left.

100_2149.jpg

Quote:
Old english games, and bantams-Get along fine as long as they grow up together but DO NOT welcome new comers...

American games/ American pit bantams... (aka... american gamefowl bantams).. Roosters will kill each other without a second thought. No way to stop this behavior.. Hens.. Will occasionally kill each other. but most of the time these are like Old english games..

So it depends on which you have..

-Daniel

PS.. the reason i posted 2 breeds. is because many times american gamefowls are referred to as "old englishs" because they look alike. and even have some of the characteristics (fighting). but from what i read and have raised both (Gamefowl for looks and pets.. Old english game bantams for show. pets. and looks).. they are totally different,

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! I know that they were raised together and they have been fine up until this morning. When I went out there the hen and roo were fighting and wouldn't stop........so I think Iwill try to put them together again tommaroe, supervised of course.........hopefully they will be alright tommarow,I don't want to have to give her away,
hmm.png

I agree that they could be silverwing OEG........Thanks for the advice! They both could be roos? They look different, the middle one has yellow legs and the left one has pinkish and they have to different combs........does that make a difference?

Quote:
Sounds like gamefowl. not Old englishs.. Gamefowl can come in, Yellow. Blue, White. green. black, Pinkish, and whatever other color there is basically because they have so much Stuff crossed into them. I would say about 50% or more of the strains have Asil (feathersite.com has pictures of information on them). Pakistanis, or some other type of Asian gamefowl.. i know many american gamefowl have cuban gamefowl and stuff in it.. which comes with the different combs, So far i've seen. Pea comb. straight comb. Single comb. and Rose comb in gamefowl. and leg color.. comes from everything basically.. you never know what varieties have been crossed into the bloodline

-Daniel

PS. the reason i say gamefowl is because of the yellow legs, OEGBs. (as far as i've seen), only have. Blue, White and black Legs. and Straight/Single comb

PSS, also. they are both roosters :}

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom