Old English Qs

I think Wheaton oegb are good for show, but really all oegb are good for show, here is a pic of our wheaton oegb.
13887_p_019.jpg

I don't really care if they are large fowl or bantams. I just want to get some idea before I'm ready to order. I know I want oeg but don't have any clue as to what or who to get them from

For one you don't want hatchery birds at all for showing,

Personally I like the Blues, Blacks, and Splashes.

I raise some reletively new colors

Chocolate
13569_coepair.jpg

Pearl Pyles or known as Opals
13569_ppoerooster.jpg

it all depends on what you wan't, Do you wan't to rush into the showing and do good but have tough competition? go with BBred, white, or black.. these are three main variety colors that most people start out with because its easy to tell defects and most anyone has them, leading to a fair chance of getting good quality birds from a breeder. Or do you wan't to build up a variety like one of the new ones starting out.. Not much competition.. And you can go down in "History" plus expose a new beautiful color..

Try looking here: http://www.bantychicken.com/cgi-bin/OEGBCA/index.cgi these guys could help you out and theres PLENTY pictures of every variety being its the OEGBCA.. (Old english game bantam club of america)

PS. my favorite variety is the silver duckwings
wink.png
i also like the silver quills too, once i find time i may get some.

Last edited:
Okay thank you for all of the responces. I just wanna have them to take to 4-h and stuff like that for now but would love to get many more when I have some luck with that. I'm only a teen that is still in high school and just into poultry a year ago.

The main thing that i'm worried about is dubing the OEG do you have to do this with many other breeds of poultry or are these the main birds? and is it hard and painful?

Back
Top Bottom