1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Old english silkie

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kaankboom, Mar 16, 2012.

1. kaankboom

kaankboom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2012
    I just got an old english game rooster and a silkie hen and i wondered... what will the chicks look like and the characteristics such as laying and being broody

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I would expect them to be good to great broodies--just not able to cover many eggs. Dark skin, five toes, smaller crests, some foot feathering, non-silkied feathers, smaller beard (if silkie is bearded). Eventually you might end up with something like one of these (although they have no OEGB in them--but have a similar appearance and size).
    [​IMG]

3. Sharksandguitars

Sharksandguitars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Watson, LA
    Haha. I am getting ready to hatch a trio of old english game bantam and a buff bantam silkie. I am wondering what they will turn out to look like also.

4. birdmaniac3000

birdmaniac3000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    los angeles
    i had some hatch they lay white eggs with black skin with 5 toes even thow some had 4 on one foot and 5 on the other i have more pics in my page [​IMG]

5. Coopacabana

Coopacabana Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    Super cute 'barnyard banties' Sonoran Silkies & birdmaniac3000!!! I especially love that blue or lavender and gold rooster with his little crest!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by