Old English

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by laceynoelle, Sep 6, 2011.

1. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    I know shes a hen, and old English. I was wondering about variety. This is Austen, and she was the sweetest hen ever, I loved her to death, but she dissapeared from my flock. [​IMG] Im going to get more old english, and I know thyere all propably really sweet, but I wanted another like her.

[​IMG]

I think she might be a bb red, but Im not entirely sure. Oegs come in so many colors, there are a lot I dont know about. She was from Ideal Hatchery, so that narrows the selection down a little.

2. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic, shes a bit older.

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    How long ago did she dissapear,did she mabey get broody and is hidding with eggs?
    As to type not shure....

4. NorthTexaschick

NorthTexaschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Denton area
    Looks like a BB red but I'm not positive. I have one and mine is also a darling. Her name is Sweetie Pie. She's sneaked off twice to set eggs and she is a terrific momma, too! I just love her! If you order more from Ideal, remember they'll be straight run. The OEGB roos are neat too, but boy are they scrappy and LOUD little stinkers!

5. laceynoelle

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    Thanks. :] I thought that she may have gone broody too, so I waited before deciding she wasnt coming back. Its probably been four months or more since Ive seen her [​IMG]

From the one's Ideal sends, thats what I thought. I know theyre straight run, Austen and Jack (A silver duckwing) came in a weekly chick special thing. Sweetie Pie sounds cool. :] I love oegbs, but I dont like that to show them, theyve got to be dubbed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by