Old fan, new member

sharonpavey

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 8, 2015
Texas Gulf Coast
Hi, I'm Sharon. I have used this site for information for a couple of years, but just decided to join. I just have 2 hens right now but will be getting a couple more soon. I have a black Australorp, Henrietta, and a kind of light red that I was told was an RIR, Gertrude. I've had RIR's before and they were a darker red than this one, so I'm not sure. She's a light golden red with a lot of white. ??? Really love this site.

Welcome to BYC, Sharon. Glad you decided to our flock. Gertrude definitely sounds like a Red Sex Link hen. I've raised them for years, and along with my Black Sex Links, they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. Assuming she's a Red Sex Link, you should get loads of eggs from Gertrude. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Gertrude does sound like a Red Sex-Link. To confirm this, you can post a photo of her either here or in the What Breed or Gender section: What Breed Or Gender is This?

Good luck with your two hens!

Back
Top Bottom