1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Old feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by seminolewind, Aug 1, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I had been buying Seminole feed for my chickens, but the feed store switched to Southern states (?) because it was cheaper. Well, my chick starter started to turn to powder and moths came flying out yesterday.
    Had to go to another place and got Nutrena. My thoughts on this were that they just didn't sell that much feed- not enough turnover. Now I went to a feed store that has alot of chicken customers.

2. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    I think if it were me, I'd go back to the store manager with the feed you have left and tell him you want a refund.

Some places won't actually give you a refund, but will give you store credit, which you could use for something else - waterers, feeders....

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I'm sure they would give me a refund. I buy my horse feed there. Better brand, and they sell alot of it.
    I'm a regular customer. I will let them know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by