old friends fighting ???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by luvchicks8, Aug 31, 2010.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Well I have had these two roosters together 1 is a silkie and one a standard cochin for about 4 months best buddies sun together everything. Well last week my silkie roo got an upper respitory infection and went into "sick bay" for 5 days. Today I let him out and he attacked my cochin (who is froendly as ever) the silkie can be aggressive at times toward me mostly, well long story short they faught bad for about 20 min I was hitting them in the bum with a stick and everything they would not stop:mad: Anyway my silkie of course took the brunt of it and now is back in "sick bay" and can hardly catch his breath is this "normal" rooster behavior mine have never spared like this.

2. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

I have found that once you separate 2 roos for any length of time, their relationship is never the same again... and not in a good way. [​IMG]

3. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    its normal, if you keep them in seperate pens where they can see eachother for a few weeks it might help.

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Oh no not another naughty too [​IMG]

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not "naughty", just normal rooster behavior.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by