Old friend's?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    After being massively screwed over and lied to by another old "friend"(LONG Horrible story) one would think that I had learned my lesson. But alas. It seems I have not. I must have a glitch some place in my common sense files. [​IMG]

Anyway. I had a really good friend in college. A guy friend. Most of my friends have been men since HS. But I digress.
    We hung out together after class. Went horse back riding for hours on end. Went out to eat a few times and met for drinks many times. And yes, we had a romantic(?) relationship as well. Although it was never said between us. It fewlt like we were boy friend and girl friend.
    Our relationship ended when I met my x dh in 91. I could tell that my friend didnt like my then soon to be husband. But he never said a word to me. Literally ever again. But I never forgot him.
    When my marriage ended a few years later(2 years to be exact) and I came home I thought about calling him, but then figured he probably had forgotten me. After all. We were only friends.
    Well. I still, even though I am very happily married have not forgotten Flynn. So I began looking for a way to contact him. And found his email.
    So yes. I emailed him. Briefly. Just letting him know I was wanting to maybe see him and talk about old times. Nothing more. And that idf he didnt want to contact me that I was fine with that... but ya know what. I'm really not. I miss his friendship. Or what friendship we had. I want to know he is ok.

BTW I am friends now with my x dh who lives several states away. we can "talk" for hours without being snarky or cruel to each other. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing.

After I lost my best friend on 9/11 I made it a point to contact people I had loved in my past. Friends, women and men. I have rebuilt two friendships since then. One which was really damaged during my first marriage. Flynn is the last person on my "list" The last one in my heart that I want to reconnect with. I want nothing but friendship. And I know i can do that, sicne,, like i said most of my friends are guys. must have something to do with the fact I am not a china doll and can rebuild a carburetor etc and have rebuilt a car from the frame up.[​IMG]
    My dh is comfortable with it as well. I just really want o hear back from him. And know that I am going to be disappointed if I dont.

ack. I hate this part.

thanks for "listening" my other friends have already heard me out and are trying hard to not laugh at me. One keeps telling me that I am starting to collect a male harem.[​IMG]

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    I wish I knew anyone from my past [​IMG]

Most of my friends were male when I was growing up.

I was more likely to be out in the garage talking cars than in the dining room gossiping with the gals, which, of course, made the gals mad thinking I was after their guys.

I didn't get a lot of the girls' behavior when I was young, and still don't get most women now.

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I had a friend who had Grown Apart from me - neither of our faults, or maybe both of our faults, but after a couple of years, I called her one day - we had a fantastic talk, promised to get together and chat, or email. That was it, though. No emails, no calling, no chatting.

However, I can feel good at least for having made the effort.

Maybe that is all that will come of this, that you made the effort.

Peace -
    meri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by