Old gqf 1202 wanting to add window

dasmaus

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2015
What thickness plexi or lexan would you guys suggest using? Any pics of any moded bators would be great

The thickness doesn't matter, but if you can rout a narrow groove on both inside and outside of the door around the opening you cut, you can caulk two layers of plexiglass, acrylic or Lexan in to help keep heat in. The plastics don't insulate much, but the air gap between two sealed panes does.

@quintinp, it looks like this:

The door is a solid slab.

Last edited:
Exactly like that one... Mine is like 3rd or 4th hand so I have no idea how old it really is... It originally had wafer thermostat which the last owner had upgraded to the electric gqf therm but it had failed so I redneck ductaped an stc 1000 to it and put it to work.

Exactly like that one... Mine is like 3rd or 4th hand so I have no idea how old it really is... It originally had wafer thermostat which the last owner had upgraded to the electric gqf therm but it had failed so I redneck ductaped an stc 1000 to it and put it to work.

I have a 1402, it came with the early electronic thermostat with a wafer for backup. This thing is a tank and holds perfect temps. I looked for a clear door for mine but the old ones are discontinued, the new ones are a different size.

You planning on doing something like this? (the one in the middle, not my incubators)

Here's mine after cleaning and painting and a thermostat upgrade:

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aiming for something kinda like that one. Maybe a little taller but the same idea

Back
Top Bottom