Jun 28, 2021
Broadview MT
So I just purchased an old 1250, it came with a new thermostad I need to install. Has anyone used these or does anyone have one? I am going to be installing the new thermostat but it isn't the old wafer style one it is the nob.. I am not sure just how much I am going to need to do to it. I can't find any manuals online either.
20230204_081207.jpg

I don't have that incubator but I like the wafer thermostat. Once it's set it pretty much stays the same temp all the time so you don't have to constantly fiddle with it. I know everyone is all gung ho on a digital thermostat but sometimes the tried and true is best.
I bought it with the replacement thermostat but not installed. I was wondering if I just go buy a replacement wafer thermostat

Then I'd just install what you have. Sorry I missed your saying you had one. They are great incubators once you dial it in. I'd recommend you get the bucket system so it will keep the humidity constant. You can buy the set up at either Gqf directly or incubator warehouse or the likes. I usually buy direct from Gqf. The great thing about buying gqf incubators is that you can get parts for it. It is amazing in this day and age when you buy something and it breaks you can't replace the parts. I now buy products only if I can replace broken pieces.

Gqf should have a manual for it. If it's not listed as accessories which I don't think it is, reach out to them directly. I would call versus sending an email and request the manual. They may have the manual online that you can download even. Gqf does in my opinion act a bit old school when it comes to certain things so it's best sometimes to call when you have questions

Gqf should have a manual for it. If it's not listed as accessories which I don't think it is, reach out to them directly. I would call versus sending an email and request the manual. They may have the manual online that you can download even. Gqf does in my opinion act a bit old school when it comes to certain things so it's best sometimes to call when you have questions
That is what I thought. I looked up the manual.. it says there is a green wire.. There isn't it has a black, white and blue wire. I have a tester and my husband is a commercial electrician but without being able to know what it is (it is double or triple insulated and not reading) I do not want to fry it by installing it wrong. I will just call on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom