old model LG egg turner question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HathawayHens, Feb 15, 2011.

1. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    has anyone else had the egg cups fall over on the old style LG egg turners? I have tried snapping them in tighter, but they don't seem to click in... it is used, so not sure if they are worn out, or if I am just unable to push hard enough. Main question being... what do I do if I can't get them to work better??? Go and buy and new egg turner, I guess... or maybe use double sided tape to stick them down? But I don't know how it'll work in the temps and humidity... [​IMG] eta - most of them are fine, but a few keep falling out. Frustrating!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I had the same problem with mine, grrr. Maybe crazy glue them in, I don't think the tape will hold in there.

3. Hi! Have you tried using a pointy-something (I used an ink pen) and push hard right in the middle of the indentation in the turner cup? That's what I had to do to get them to stay in place. It takes a bit of pressure.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. HathawayHens

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    that's a good idea... want to stay away from glue, on account of the fumes... I was also thinking maybe a zip tie would work for the wobbly ones...

5. HathawayHens

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    It worked!!! Thank you for the tip about using the pen... it turns out none of them were actually snapped in once I used the pen to push hard! [​IMG] I hope that none of the eggs were damaged tipping over in the past 24 hours, and that they stayed warm enough with me having to go in several times... [​IMG]

Thank you so much~~!!![​IMG]

6. Super! Glad it worked! When I got mine, I was afraid to push too hard and the cups kept flopping out. Someone (I forget who) passed along that tip.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by