1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

old rabbit

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickengirl1193, Feb 10, 2014.

1. chickengirl1193

chickengirl1193 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2013
    north Jersey
    Hey guys! I have an old rabbit, we got him at tractor supply as a baby about 6 years ago (maybe more) and hes lived a happy life in my house, he even roamed free around my brothers room until he started peeing on the bed lol. But anyway in the spring when I get rid of some roosters and move all my chickens to one coop ill have an empty coop and I was wondering if its a good idea to move my rabbit into that coop so he can be outside and have more room, or would that be too stressful for him?

2. HS Pye

HS Pye Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Texas
    Hi,

I'm going to guess that your rabbit was heated and cooled in the house so that might affect the stress a little. If you're going to move him, I'd do it gradually, to prevent any problems. We had to do the same thing... only our rabbit chewed our tv cords... lol.

HS Pye

3. chickengirl1193

chickengirl1193 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2013
    north Jersey
    Yeah hes been getting heat and ac most of his.life lol. How would you suggest doing it gradually? Giving him a few hours outside every day and progressively leaving him out longer?

4. HS Pye

HS Pye Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Texas
    Yes, that's what I'd do.

HS Pye

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by