Old round Brower incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Carole AM, May 13, 2008.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I plug it in and it doesn't heat up. I changed the wafer in it too. Any suggestions on how to get it to work?
    Its a "11400-3"

2. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, does this one have a light bulb in it or a heat coil?? can you here the switch kick on when you increase or decrease the temp..you should here a click when uping it..listen real close to it...the switch may be bad if not..Its that little black box where your wafer is in..

check this out
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=33241&p=1

Charlie

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  3. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    It has the heat coil. it looks just like the one in the link-- THANKS! I don't have the metal covering on the heating uniit though....

I've tried adjusting it, but I don't hear any clicking. Maybe it is the switch that's bad.

4. wilds of pa

Id say thats the problem with it....you can get that switch threw GQF or anybody that sells those parts
    (cutlers pheasant supplies).

Charlie

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    No clicking? The switch likely.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  6. wilds of pa

Id go with the switch as if you dont here it attempting to heat up by clicking, that means the switch is not ingaging, which even if the heater isnt or is working it will still attempt to heat..

Charlie

7. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I just emailed the company--Hawkeye Steel, through the Brower site. How will I know what to order? Can I fix it myself? [​IMG]

8. wilds of pa

You will have to remove the whole thermo unit, it pretty easy to replace the switch with a few basic tools. Id think you will be able to handle it with no problems. just make sure you get the right part, it may have the part number on the old switch itself.

when you get the part if you have any trouble Pm me and i may be able to help you if you have troubles with it.

Charlie

9. williammiles

williammiles Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2008
    HI;I have that round incubator by browser mfg. Found it at a flea market,galvanize metal foot tub like with four round holes top&BOTTOM.I would check the power cord first of all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by