Old Shed, New Coop

MrEaton

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2015
Metcalfe County, KY
Started this project yesterday with a friend. Never really posted pictures on here but thought I would try to share how it went. Got my wood from a neighbor who gave me a whole trailer load. Had plenty of wood to complete the whole project, besides the run where I needed treated lumber. The shed was here when my wife and I got married and it never was good for anything other than keeping garden tools in. So I thought this would help make it a good dual purpose building. Keep in mind, this building was dirt floor before we started the project. This picture is the building after we reconstructed the boxing because the old was rotten at the bottom.

Here are pictures after we finished the actual coop on the inside besides a door and critter proofing.

We completed the coop tonight, I will post complete pictures tomorrow. It's been fun, maybe this will be useful to someone who is in the same situation.

Last edited:
Pretty much finished. Few odds and ends to tidy up but I'm very pleased with how this went.

For a full two day project, this build was cheap, quick, and effective. And since money and building space are both limited for us at this moment, this makes it even better. This is exactly what I was wanting for my new flock. Feel free to ask questions or whatever about it. I'd be glad to let you know.

Back
Top Bottom