old style dual purpose breeds what hatchery?

BirchHatchery

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
indiana
Anyone no of a hatchery that sell the old style BIG Dual Propuse breed roosters? i no they all sell roosters but i want the old style big ones not the bred down small egg production onces. Im interestedin in any kinds of roosters

Most hatcheries sell Delawares or even sex link roos. McMurray sells heavies... cochins, brahmas, delwares etc....

If I was concerned about size, I wouldn't buy from a hatchery. I'd shop around for a good breeder raising the bird I was interested in.

I went with hatchery for my Dark Cornish becuase I was in a hurry and didn't know what I was doing. They are okay, but jusr okay. Now I'm going to be shopping around for some good breeding stock to pump up the genetics.

Oh, and if you want a duel purpose breed, you are going to want more than roosters. Otherwise, there is no point to other half of the dual.

big_smile.png

ok let me explain bettwer what i want im looking to order 50-100 roosters for meat purposes. I am looking for hatchery that sells the old style rhode island reds not the bred down ones or other REAL dual purpose breeds do yall understand what i mean i want TRUE meat purpose roosters and im not interested in CORNISH ROCKS so dont imply them

There is a guy in PA that sells them. He is supposed to have the best stock around.... before they started mixing production breeds into them. He said he has the purest lines around. I talked to him on the phone a few months ago, as he we trying to sell me some of them. Honestly though, I blew it off, and can't remember if I saved his number or not. If I find it I will let you know.

I'm going to take a complete guess but I believe it was Knob Poultry? A shear guess but will look for you.

I use the cornish crosses which is why I didn't think anything of it.

Back
Top Bottom