old trampoline frame

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by wyndski, Apr 30, 2009.

1. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    Anyone ever built a tractor/coop out of a old trampoline frame? There was one here when I moved in and.. well, it is still here. [​IMG]
    I keep looking at it and thinking I could turn it into one. My two adult chickens are free range and been like that since they showed up. (long story [​IMG] ) However, I have two chicks (one of their offspring and a silkie) and do not want to free range them. If anyone has.. please share pictures.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  2. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Great question! I have an old trampoline I would like to do something with

3. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    I found this the other day and was waiting for someone to share it with. I thought this was pretty neat for a trampoline AND the trampoline is still functional in this set up. Maybe it will help your imagination on the idea. [​IMG] If you click the pics on the page it will make them much better to see.

http://chickencam.tv/ScoopOnCoops.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  4. wyndski

wyndski Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    Spring Hill, FL
    That is a cute one. [​IMG] My problem is that I only have the frame.

5. willheveland

willheveland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    southern tier,NY
    get ahold of chickenannie on here.I seen one that she built on here awhile back. Will

6. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    great pics. good ideas.

7. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Thanks for the website.
    We have a full trampoline,but no one uses it, so I might find a way to make it into a full coop, not just something to go in and out. But they have such a neat idea.
    My trampoline is a circle though [​IMG] It might be harder to do.

8. ArizonaNessa

ArizonaNessa Joyfully Addicted

Apr 7, 2009
    Texas
    Why would it be harder to put wire on a round trampoline? Just take the roll of wire and keep going til you get back to where you started. LOL I have no building skills whatsoever and I crack my hubby up with my "common sense" ideas because half the time it really won't work as easy as I make it sound. He tells me, " That's a nice idea hunny but frankly things aren't that easy dear." [​IMG]

9. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Someone on here made a hoop coop out of one if I remember right. They cut it in half and added fence post to connect it back together. Try doing a search for it on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by