Old wound on ankle and all sorts of problems

Sep 18, 2019
SW Washington
So I have this Rhode island Red that was acting different hiding under the ramp to the chicken house I got close and she got up but at bed time she was back under the ramp. So I picked her up and she was rail thin. I could feel her complete breast bone. Her vent looked a little clogged so I got her in war water to clean her up. I gave her watermelon and some chick feed and she ate that up. I also gave her fish antibiotics. She seems to be eat well and drinking. Today, I soaked her again and I let her out to dry off and she tried to jump off our deck which is maybe 1 foot high and she fell. Her legs crumbled under her. This is where I noticed she had this old wound on her leg as well see the photo. Is there anything I should do for the wound?

I know I said a lot but I feel like I am managing the other parts. I dont know what is wrong with her. We treated for mites 2 weeks ago and we have another chicken who was egg bound who is also in a long recovery.

Attachments

• 20220719_190729.jpg
    20220719_190729.jpg
    699.5 KB · Views: 7
Keep doing what you are doing,, Feeding her, and keeping clean. For that leg wound ,, I would get a tube of Triple Antibiotic ointment. (this is intended for people use,, but will be just fine on your chicken)
Keep applying until you see improvement. You may choose to cover with light gauze, but not totally necessary. The gauze would keep excess dirt out. The ointment is like Vaseline consistency. Dirt/sand would stick to it.
image_2022-07-20_011429.png

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Back
Top Bottom