Older 1588 Model, anyone have one, and instructions? 4 years old

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickens4pets, Jun 13, 2008.

1. chickens4pets

chickens4pets New Egg

Jun 11, 2008
    I bought a used 1588 and it came without instructions. I've turned it and let it run for a couple of days and and the temp is stable at 98. I'm not sure how to get the temp up. I want to make sure it's set to factory settings 100 degrees. I looked online at GQF and their instructions for the thermostat are for a thermostat with 8 rocker switches. Mine only has 5. I called them and they don't have instructions. Does anyone have one of these and know how to reset it to factory settings, or program the thermostat?

Thanks,
    Ryan

2. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm sorry I don't know. But I would have thought if you called them, they would have been able to tell you what to do. Interesting!

[​IMG]

3. chickens4pets

chickens4pets New Egg

Jun 11, 2008
    I've called them twice on two different issues, and their tech support line is closed for some reason so they recommend talking to an knowledgeable operator. The operators aren't familiar with the older 1588, and they don't seem interested to help much further. I'd think the company would still support or have some familiarity with their older products. That's why I posted here. I'd assume someone still has or is using an older model.

Thanks for your interest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by