older chick with bubbly eye Help Please see pic

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lclough1998, May 20, 2011.

1. lclough1998

lclough1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a pullet (I think) that has little tiny bubbles at the bottom of her eyes, I thought she just had wierd eyes but its in both and at closer inspection seems to be little bubbles. They are white. Any thoughts on what it could be? Just read the sticky, she is an orpington, about 8 weeks old, eating normal, medicated chick starter, acting normal, will have to check on her droppings, noticed it about a week or so, but didnt realize it wasnt just her eyes, since its both of them. I havent done anything to her eyes to fix the problem, I dont know if I should try to wipe it off or? Thanks, Linda
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    it could be eye worms, get some vet rx, warm it up a bit and use a q-tip put the vet rx on it and push teh q-tip up through the top of the mouth you should see the vet rx and bubbles come out from the corners of the eye. wipe that way, do this about three times clean her eye with warm water on a cloth give her a break. repeat as needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by