Older chicks acting like newborns lol *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bock_Bock, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    here is a few picks of my 12 week old br trying to go under wing of my 13 week rir let me know what you think it was just funny to watch lol

sorry for some beings sideways and the quality it was takenfrom my iphone sorry again
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Aw, how cute. But hey, that roost is so far off of the ground they look like they could injure themselves. [​IMG]

3. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    lol thats not eben their roost lol their roost isnt even in the pick i made it out of a old broom stick lol, but what you see was being used to hold the fence up lol they love to jump up there then from up there on to that thing next to it its a miny sheltar where there feed is, then they jump down then they do it again lol these chicks got weird personality they always follow each other i raised them together and they will never leave each other even if they are both roos lol

4. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    one of my 12 week old standard Roos was trying to get under his surrogate bantam momma today... I thought he was going to knock her off the roost! She squawked at him once, I think that is when he almost knocked her off... but she let him try anyways. I didn't have my camera though.

It's funny when they do this.

5. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    yes it is lol i was so laughing

6. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    jw wondering if any1 else has funny pics like this i would love to see

7. mahen8622

mahen8622 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    KY
    i have 4 banty hens and 1 banty roo and they all try to hide under each others wings at night when the coop is closed and theyre with the big chickens they seem to run out of wings for everyone and my mille fluer hen gets frustrated and walks across all of my standards back to my alpha domonique and sits on his back for a while like a parrot then scoots inbetween him and the other chick to his side and gets under his wing, hes a love bug and eats up the attention from this lil banty its sooo cute

8. Bock_Bock

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    lol thats funny its not cuz its cool what is the reason they do this?

9. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    This doesn't show it good.. but here the babies were 9 weeks old, and one is trying to be under Momma.

They are 11 weeks old now... and this same little roo still does this at night. (or at least tries)

[​IMG]

here they are now.. at 12 weeks old

[​IMG]

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Gosh that's cute. I love the pic where the BR 's head is peeking out the other side of the RIR. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by