older model gqf cabinet bator need help troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mamanaturale, Sep 10, 2009.

1. mamanaturale

mamanaturale Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    hi all,
    i just got a cabinet incubator off craigslist and i am having some issues.... wondering if all you knowledgeable folks might be able to help me out. it is a 1266 if that makes any difference. it is heating up to about 97.5 but then the indicator light just flashes and it won't go any higher. any ideas?
    thanks in advance!
    brianna

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Does this model have wafers? If so, I would replace the wafers and see if that helps. It is the cheapest solution and hopefully the right one.

Have you made any attempts to adjust it?

I think the GQF site has the full layout of their incubators on their site and spare parts, although you can usually buy wafers from anywhere that sells incubators.

3. mamanaturale

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    yes it does, but it has brand new ones in it. i am not sure how to adjust it other than turn the wafer. and i have searched the downloads and haven't found anything that matches up with my problem.

4. mamanaturale

Apr 13, 2009
    spokane, wa
    wow, i just emailed gqf and got a response immediately! i will paste it here for other's reference!

gqf : "Thank you for your email. Disconnect or remove the wafer from the backup thermostat. It is probably overriding the front thermostat. If there is only one thermostat in the incubator then it may need to be replaced. "

me: "

thank you for the quick response. there is only one thermostat. can you tell me which item number the appropriate thermostat would be?"

gqf: "If the unit has a wafer thermostat then you may need to replace the switch (item 3006B) and the wafer (item 2007). If the unit has an electronic thermostat or you wish to upgrade, you can use item No. 3255. You may want to double check the thermometer to make sure it is accurate and if the incubator is in a particularly cold area (60 degrees F or colder) the incubator may have trouble warming the air to the desired temp regardless of the thermostat."

i think thats awesome service... i didn't even buy it from them you know? anyways.... off to order some replacement parts.... if only i could convince my dh that i NEED to upgrade....

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Thanks for posting this question and your response from GQF, I have the same model and it doesnt heat up so now i know the part#s to order [​IMG]

Good luck, let us know how your's does!

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by