Older now, what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PotterWatch, May 9, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I posted a pic of this chick a few weeks ago and the general consensus was that she is an EE. Just wondered if there might be any other guesses now that she has more feathers in. She also has two funny feathers sticking out of her tail (one feather on each side). They look kind of like the feathers that peacocks have on their heads, just a shaft with a little feathering on the end. I tried to get a pic of those, but it was really hard to get my camera to focus on them enough to get a good pic. Anyway here she is:

Luna
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The best pic of the tail feathers I could get:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

2. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    It looks like an EE type to me. My EE(Ameraucana X RIR(or) Brown Leghorn) look very very similar to that.

-Kim

3. redhead83402

redhead83402 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    yup, definitely looks like an americauna/aracauna/EE ( the feed stores do not really differentiate on these names, although you will rarely ever get a true purebred Americauna, mostly what they sell are "skunky mutts", but they are a beautiful, sweet-natured bird regardless!:-D), also, those little fluffs you see are just that, they are the baby down stuck to the end of a full feather shaft ~ just give a little (teeennnssy) tug, and it will separate off, and in a day or two, the feathers they came off of will have filled out. {:>)=

~Red

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  4. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

idk about that... it doesent have greenish feet... hmmmmmmm so might not be an EE or whatever.. lol

5. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Aww, I was hoping those funny tail feathers would stick around, they're kind of cute!

6. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    I thought EE always has greenish legs. [​IMG]

That chick looks like a RIR.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  7. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    could be a welsummer this is what mine looks like
    [​IMG] she is much lighter in real life.

8. PotterWatch

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well, I guess I will stick with calling her an EE! I don't think she could be a Welsummer because she doesn't look like she has a single comb. Here's hoping for green eggs!

9. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    She looks like an EE to me too.

EEs do not always have green legs. They are a cross breed and depending on the genetics provided by the parent stock, their leg color could be anything.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by