Olive Egg & BCM Egg Combo Pack

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I have recently finished my waiting list for Olive Eggs so I'm offering more Combo Packs. 1/2 Olive Eggs - 1/2 Pure BCM eggs for $45 per dozen plus $10 for shipping. Jeremy just received his eggs and posted pictures:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131131&p=239

And Abellchicken just posted pictures of the olive eggs her girls are laying (which she hatched from olive eggs she bought from me)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131131&p=240

and she posted pictures of the birds themselves which are representative of what I'm getting as far as "looks":

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131131&p=241

Paypal is [email protected]

The first dozen can go out Monday.

[​IMG]

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I can also do a dozen of pure BCM eggs for $45 (plus $10 for shipping) and they can go out tomorrow (Tues.) They are from my "The Rest" pen and are the same eggs as seen in Jeremy's photo. I have a few of my "show birds" in a pen I call my "Best" but they are off to a slow start on laying and do cost more. But....my "Rest" pen are laying like crazy and I get a dozen and half per day so if you want some, just let me know. They are my darkest egg layers, even better than my "Best" pen. They are the ones who have won both eggs shows they were entered in. There is one pure Blue Copper Marans roo in with all of the pure French Black Copper Marans.

3. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Wow these are beautiful eggs. And also the pic of the birds are beautiful. Are you gonna offer these long? I have 82 eggs on bator and 24 more coming in 2 weeks. And on the bcms, a couple questions. Is the blue copper the only roo or are there black copper in there too. And why do you call them the rest?

4. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    I'll be the first to say these eggs are gorgeous!

The BC Marans are BIG, dark eggs. I was very pleased with them, plus Monique sent me extras!

The Olive Egger eggs are a spectacular rich coppery shade of olive green.

My eggs are in the bator now and are approaching day 10, I have no idea how I will candle them because they are too dark, but I cannot wait to see what hatches st the end of the month. [​IMG]

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:I will offer them off and on as long as they are laying. You can prepay and reserve your place in line and just let me know when you want them shipped. I normally have quite a waiting list but I have just filled the few I took prior to their laying and now they are laying again so I'm offering them.

I have a couple of pure Black Copper roos in the pen as well. I only have one blue copper roo so I just put him in there in hopes of getting more blues. I call that pen "The Rest" because its my main flock of pure BCMs. I have a smaller pen with only 6 females that I consider my show birds - I call those "The Best". There's nothing wrong with The Rest, no white feathers or white fluff or DQs but they are not my select few show birds. For example a hen may have too much copper around her neck (in my opinion) or too little. A rooster may be what I consider too dark. Now that APA has preliminarily approved the BCMs as a breed, I'm setting up The Best pen as a way of trying to breed the best of the best of my birds and see what I get.

My birds are pure French Black Copper Marans and can be traced to eggs that came from France. I have never mixed the lines.

6. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Songster

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Quote:I will offer them off and on as long as they are laying. You can prepay and reserve your place in line and just let me know when you want them shipped. I normally have quite a waiting list but I have just filled the few I took prior to their laying and now they are laying again so I'm offering them.

I have a couple of pure Black Copper roos in the pen as well. I only have one blue copper roo so I just put him in there in hopes of getting more blues. I call that pen "The Rest" because its my main flock of pure BCMs. I have a smaller pen with only 6 females that I consider my show birds - I call those "The Best". There's nothing wrong with The Rest, no white feathers or white fluff or DQs but they are not my select few show birds. For example a hen may have too much copper around her neck (in my opinion) or too little. A rooster may be what I consider too dark. Now that APA has preliminarily approved the BCMs as a breed, I'm setting up The Best pen as a way of trying to breed the best of the best of my birds and see what I get.

My birds are pure French Black Copper Marans and can be traced to eggs that came from France. I have never mixed the lines.

Ok great. Sounds good. I'm not really looking for show quality but I want a good quality stock. I have 2 pure wade jeane chicks from a show quality lines. I sent you a pm. Not sure if they are working yet or not. Let me knkwnif you don't get ot. Thanks

7. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS

Ok great. Sounds good. I'm not really looking for show quality but I want a good quality stock. I have 2 pure wade jeane chicks from a show quality lines. I sent you a pm. Not sure if they are working yet or not. Let me knkwnif you don't get ot. Thanks

Got it and replied. Thanks so much. My BCMs are Wade Jeane original stock - never mixed line.

8. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I've gotten many PMs, e-mails, and phone calls wanting to know "what's wrong with the ones in the rest pen". I guess by calling some The Best it implies there something wrong with The Rest [​IMG]

Nothing wrong with them - they are the same birds everyone has seen pictures of for years. All I did was prior to the Newnan show, when I thought I might go show a few birds, I pulled the 6 hens and 2 roos I thought were the "best" and put them in a separate pen to condition and take to the show. I didn't get to go but they are still in their own pen.

But - here's a few pics I took tonight of The Rest. By the way, on second thought, I pulled the Blue Copper Marans roo out of the pen. I didn't want to risk getting eggs or chicks mixed up when I hatch for myself and inadvertantly mixing my own line.

Roo #1

[​IMG]

Roo #2

[​IMG]

And The Rest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can tell you what's NOT in The Rest pen - there are no yellow legs, no red breasted males, no white feathers, no white fluff, no white down, no mossy hens. Just beautiful birds.

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Gorgeous Monique. [​IMG]

10. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:Thanks Jeremy - you should hatch some that look just like them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: