Olive Egg Special - $35 dozen

ruth

Life is a Journey
12 Years
Jul 8, 2007
Woodville, MS
I am offering a special deal on my Olive Eggers - $35 per dozen plus shipping. I have been breeding these birds for awhile now and have at least 4 generations. Each generation has been laying olive eggs. I have the Olive Egger hens I like best in a pen with two pure Black Copper Marans roos, a pure Blue Copper Marans roo and one Olive Egger roo in order to continue contributing to the dark olive egg. I have sold these eggs for as much as $100 per dozen on other auctions so this is a short-term special. Right now I'm getting a lot of these eggs and can take more than one order so if you are interested, please PM me and don't hit the Buy it Now button or it closes the auction. First dozen can go out Monday.

greeneggsandham1.jpg

greeneggsandham2.jpg

olives2.jpg

oliveegger2.jpg

oliveegger3.jpg

oliveegger1.jpg

OliveEgger2-1.jpg

OliveEgger1-1.jpg

OliveEgger3-1.jpg

oliveegger6.jpg

oliveegger5.jpg

oliveeggspecial9.jpg

boe1.jpg

boe3.jpg

bluecpr2.jpg

oliveeggerchick1.jpg

Hi,,,which picture will the eggs I get look like?......I really like that first and second picture,,and will the resulting chix lay like the?...Thanx

I only ship the very darkest olive eggs. The basket showing lots of shades includes some of my "grey" eggs as well as various olive eggs and is in full sun and kind of washed out but I only ship the dark olive ones like in the first pictures.

Thanx ,,I've read thru over 500 posts on the olive egger thread and was wondering what the eggs might turnout like from the chix?.....I mean can I expect the eggs to be several colors and need to pick out the rosecombed birds or are the colors getting set?....Thanx

Man I'd hate to have to trim them hedges,,but at the same time for a place like that it would be a pleasure....Nice Place

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks Michael - you must have looked at my website. Yeah, someome went hedge row crazy - they are all over the front and the back yard and I never finish trimming them. By the time I finish the front it's time to do the back and it didn't help matters that no one had lived here for several years before we moved in so they were really out of control. I call it Hedgerow Hell.

I have been breeding the olive eggers for a few generations now and I literally just came in (at 11:30 p.m.) from moving all of the Olive Eggers into their own pen and out of the BCM pens. This way I can start to narrow down who lays which egg but generally, I put any blue hens back into the pen when they reach laying age. I think they all lay a dark olive egg but it is possible that one of them might lay a dark brown like the BCMs but I'll be able to tell now that they are in their own pen. I have one or two that lay a lighter olive color or maybe the color varies with the laying cycle like the BCM eggs do.

So I can't guarantee that they will lay a dark olive egg but so far most, if not all of mine do and I breed the ones that do back to a BCM roo.

I bought some wellsummer eggs from Ruth a little while ago! She packages her eggs very well! Didn't lose a single one to shipping. Very sweet lady, I would buy again! Egg color was just as she said it would be.

Quote:
Hi Dennis - I'm assuming you mean those you saw on my website or on my Journey Thread? In any event, yes I sell hatching eggs from what I call my Barnyard Mix. I have many different breeds, both pure breds and mutts all freeranging the farm. Their eggs are normally sold as eating eggs or I put a big batch in bator every now and then and sell the chicks to locals as Barynard Mixes. My breeder birds are, of course, confined to pens during a breeding period but then released to free range for a few months while some other breed takes its turn in the pen. I don't like to keep any bird penned up for too long.

Back
Top Bottom