Olive egger help!!!!!!

RJGM

Chirping
Aug 1, 2018
Canada
Hello me again so my hen was doing better the other day not today she is shaking her head uncontrollably and very sleepy..... before this started she had a little bit of foamy poop and walked unstable now that seems to be better still walks very slow and now this shaking of her head she has no feathers falling out no loose poop or runny nose of any sort she is barely eating or drinking I have her quarantined off from my other hens please I have researched Very thing I can and am coming up empty handed she is 25 weeks and is a olive egger oh and another thing I noticed is her comb Is a little blue/ purple looking

Does she normally lay eggs? Is she eating and drinking normally? What are you feeding? Are her poops stills yellowish and mucusy as in your first thread? Have you thought about worming her or checking her poops with a vet for coccidiosis? Hens can suffer from several reproductive problems, such as internal laying or egg yolk peritonitis.

Does she have any signs of a respiratory disease—watery or foamy eye, any nasal drainage, or sneezing? Can she stand normally and walk, or is she showing weakness in one or both legs? How full is her crop, or is it empty? Can you check her for a stuck egg by inserting one finger into her vent up to 2 inches (it should normally feel soft?) Is she eating or drinking anything that you offer her? I would get some Poultry Cell tonic or give her vitamins and electrolytes, and try feeding her some bits of cooked egg.

Do you have a picture or video?
I will get a video when I get back home but I was just out there to check on her before I had to leave and there is nothing you can see or feel wrong no bumps no sneezing no runny nose no Poupee bum no mucus or anything around the nose no watery eyes her legs aren’t scaly the only thing that seem to be going on is she is walking “like she is drunk” and seem like she can’t keep control of her head almost like she can’t see, and very sleep

Does she have any signs of a respiratory disease—watery or foamy eye, any nasal drainage, or sneezing? Can she stand normally and walk, or is she showing weakness in one or both legs? How full is her crop, or is it empty? Can you check her for a stuck egg by inserting one finger into her vent up to 2 inches (it should normally feel soft?) Is she eating or drinking anything that you offer her? I would get some Poultry Cell tonic or give her vitamins and electrolytes, and try feeding her some bits of cooked egg.
She seems to have strength in both legs just walking like she is “drunk” No watery eyes no Poupee bum her crop seems to be empty no sneezing she can stand normally just when she walks she is unstable I haven’t checked her for a stuck egg none of my Olivers have laid yet will check when I get home and post a video of what she is doing

So I am unable to get a video she is eating and drinking now still flinging her head back and shanking it I wish I could figure out what is wrong she is breathing fine and Colorado of comb is bright red eyes seem to be good just this shaking of the head I still have her in her own pen/Shelter hoping she will get better

Back
Top Bottom