Olive egger or partridge?

mp722

Hatching
Apr 8, 2017
I bought these chicks from a local farm store, the worker had ensured me that these chicks were Olive eggers. They were not bred at the location. These chicks were in the same tub as the Partridge chicks. Doing some research, the chicks that we bought look more like the Partridge chicks, can Olive egger chicks look like the chicks we purchased?
[/IMG]

The main reason I ask is because I paid $16 for an olive egger, the Partridge chicks that were in the same tub were $10 less, so I wanted to make sure since I paid more.

I don't know much about Olive Eggers but, I would say the seller was presumptuous in calling them that. How could he tell if they haven't laid eggs yet. I may be way wrong but, sounds like he was taking advantage of you and jacked up the price to make them sound "precious."

I don't know much about Olive Eggers but, I would say the seller was presumptuous in calling them that. How could he tell if they haven't laid eggs yet. I may be way wrong but, sounds like he was taking advantage of you and jacked up the price to make them sound "precious."

I agree.

One way to tell is if it has puffy cheeks. Does it have them?

I can't tell right now, I don't think they do, the other chicks that were in the tube didn't appear to have any too, but their coloring was mostly black with yellow chest. We were told those were not Oliver Egger chicks. I will have to go back and speak to someone else, the lady that was helping us didn't have much patience for me and my questions.

I don't know much about Olive Eggers  but, I would say the seller was presumptuous  in calling them that. How could he tell if they haven't laid eggs yet. I may be way wrong but, sounds like he was taking advantage of you and jacked up the price to make them sound "precious."

Yes, I asked why those were more than the EE they had(which were 6.50) and we were told it was because of their egg color.

You can still get olive eggs from Easter Eggers. And there are some many breeds that look like that as chicks, there is no way anyone can tell you exactly what that chick is right now. Needs to grow and feather in. And partridge is a color, not a breed. Lots of breeds have some sort of partridge variety.

Back
Top Bottom