Olive Egger Pullet (Laying)/ Pickup in Fannin Co. GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Oct 16, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Shelby is a beautiful, healthy 27 week old Olive Egger (Wheaten Marans rooster over BW or Wheaten Ameraucana hen). She is laying regularly, a nice dark olive egg, but there is a problem, which is the reason I must find her a new living situation, though I really, really hate to let her go.

She lives with the BR breeding flock and she is obsessed with picking out the rooster's saddle feathers. It's something about the crisply barred pattern that seems to be catching her eye and it's driving the rooster and myself crazy. She doesn't seem to bother the EE or the splash Rock, mainly the rooster and occasionally the BR pullets. I can't guarantee what will happen in a new environment, but sometimes that will change a behavior and if you don't have any barred birds, all the better!

Note: she can fly like nobody's business, even over a 6' fence, so she'll need something covered or you'll lose her. That's why I don't just put her in with my Delaware rooster-she flies right out because she doesn't want to be there.

No shipping! Pickup at our home within 2 days of hitting the BIN button, please. If not, she will be put up for sale again. Late this afternoon, again, I put her back in with the main flock and my Del rooster, Isaac, so she's okay for now, as long as she chooses not to escape, but if she keeps flying out of the pen, she will get herself into trouble, I'm afraid. *Please show me pictures of the coop/pen situation where she will be living as she is used to being safely cooped up every night and I wouldn't want that to change for her.*

[​IMG]

A pic of her first egg in the middle of the group here:

[​IMG]

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Cyn,
    I would like to buy her for Beth. Beth really wants an Olive Egger, and I doubt she will look at the auction section.

3. speckledhen

You think Beth would want to take a chance on her? Doesn't Beth have BRs? If Beth wants to come get her, I'd be thrilled for her to take Shelby.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I will talk to Beth to make sure.

5. speckledhen

Ok, Kath. [​IMG] In fact, I'm going to close the auction till we find out if she wants Shelby. I'd rather this pullet go to Beth if possible. If not, I can relist later on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by