Olive egger Roos ??? Oh no !!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Amydls, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Amydls

Amydls Chirping

Mar 14, 2018
    Our Olive eggers are approx 19 weeks - they are showing very red combs and slight wattles. I had thought these were pulleys. We have never kept OE before, are these hens just showing signs of maturity or do we possibly have late to bloom Roos? No crowing yet !! I had been looking out for coloring in the feathers and patchy spots of color, just want to double check if these are hens or roos because we are not allowed Roos in our neighborhood :( thanks in advance - I’m clueless as these are totally new to us, we have only ever kept silkies - photos 1-5 are the first chick, the rest are the second chick.

Attached Files:

2. Bonniebooboo

Bonniebooboo Crowing

May 27, 2017
    Kansas
    Both Pullets. Nice looking girls. Yes they are starting to turn red, getting closer to start laying eggs. I have Had EE's lay by 19 weeks of age. Best to you.

3. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    Agree. Those girls are getting ready to lay.

MROO, drumstick diva and Bonniebooboo like this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    pullets

Bonniebooboo and MROO like this.
  5. Amydls

Amydls Chirping

Mar 14, 2018
    Yippeee ! I was keeping my fingers crossed with pullets and hoping that the red was just a sign of maturity ... but I’ve been caught or so many times this year with our chicks as they are all breeds that we’ve never had.. I can’t wait for these girls to lay! Thanks guys

Bonniebooboo and MROO like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: