Olive Egger Test Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Happy Chooks, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I need a few people willing to test hatch for me. I have never shipped before, so I'd like to test my shipping ability and fertility in shipping. Fertility here is great only 1 infertile egg in the bunch I just hatched. I need people to give me feedback on the shipping, hatching and colors of eggs that the offspring lay. (especially the blue chicks)

The eggs you receive will be blue. These are pullet eggs, but they have been getting larger lately and I had no trouble hatching them.

These should all be Olive Egger offspring. Fathers will be:

Moose, my welsummer rooster.
    [​IMG]

Or Ford, my olive egger rooster. (From Ruth's stock)
    [​IMG]

This is an older picture, but shows his coloring and lacing better.
    [​IMG]

Mothers will be my pure black Ameraucana girls. I have 3 of them laying right now, the 4th is raising chicks right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the chicks I just hatched. I just hatched for sure 2 blue chicks, a 3rd might be a dark blue and a black. Any blue chicks are from Ford.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cannot make any guarantee's on the color eggs the female offspring will lay as I do not know the genes the Olive egger rooster is contributing. I wanted to keep him and cross mate him to different breeds to see what color eggs the offspring will lay. (a fun experiment for me) Any chicks fathered by the Moose will definitely lay olive eggs.

There will be no charge for the eggs, all I ask is you pay for the shipping. I can start collecting for a shipment next week and can take a couple more for the weeks after that. 3 test hatchers would be great. I will ship all the eggs I collect during this time.

Please do not hit the Buy It now button as I can take up to 3 different shipments.

2. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    I'd love to test out 6-12 eggs for you. I have a large bator, I was looking to get some that were olive eggers. I'm trying to build a flock for my mom that lays all the egg colors. Also, I have never shipped all the way from California before, so I'd like to see how they do before I spend a lot of money.

3. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:You have a PM!

Also, I have hatched plenty of eggs from the east coast, so as long as my shipping is good, you should have no problems.

4. Animal123Animal

Animal123Animal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Lake Mathews Calif.
    Hello
    I would love to test some eggs out for you. Thanks Dennis

5. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:You have a PM.

6. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I can take another test hatcher for the week of Oct 18th.

7. happytxchick

happytxchick Egg Song Acre

Jul 8, 2009
    Sulphur Springs, TX
    I'm willing to hatch for you for the week of Oct. 18th. I'd love some olive eggers! Please let me know. Thanks!

8. aukuma

aukuma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    W PA
    I can test 10 (brinsea mini). I'd love to test for ya! My last hatch only had one fertile egg!

9. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:You have a PM. [​IMG]

10. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Would you be willing to hatch the week of Oct 25th? I might be able to get them out sooner, but it will depend on how my girls cooperate in giving me eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by