Olive egger X brown egg layer?

jesmtz

In the Brooder
May 21, 2015
If I cross an Olive egger roo with a regular brown egg layer I would get what color egg layer from that?

It depends on whether your Olive Egger (which has a blue egg gene and a dark brown egg gene) passes off his blue egg gene or his brown egg gene to the offspring. You have a 50% chance of green egg layers and a 50% chance of brown egg layers so you will in all probability have a mix of green and brown egg layers.

It depends on whether your Olive Egger (which has a blue egg gene and a dark brown egg gene) passes off his blue egg gene or his brown egg gene to the offspring. You have a 50% chance of green egg layers and a 50% chance of brown egg layers so you will in all probability have a mix of green and brown egg layers.

x2

Yep.....in a recent hatch of EE over GLW I got two pullets (and 3 cockerels)....of the two pullets 1 lays green and the other lays brown.

Back
Top Bottom