Olive Eggers (Eggs or chicks that will lay super olive eggs)

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by vetgirl00us, Feb 13, 2013.

1. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I am looking for olive egger eggs - eggs that will hatch chicks that will actually lay a nice olive egg when they mature. I'm not sure exactly which generation but I think it's 2nd gen that lays a dark obvious olive egg and the birds will themselves lay olive eggs as well? I bought a cuckoo olive egger that lays brown eggs, no olive at all so I'm disappointed. I don't mind or chicks. Either one. Would prefer 8-10 eggs or so.

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

3. countrygoddess

Oh, and if you read the part in red it says you will receive blue eggs, but the chicks that hatch will lay green eggs.

4. chickenbusiness

chickenbusiness Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2012
    SilkieSensations is selling the most beautiful olive eggs that I have seen in a while. I have the light olive eggs she has the dark olive eggs. I have hatched both and they lay the olive eggs. Her eggs are 9.00 a dozen they are called rainbow layers well worth the money if you are interested in doing that. You could buy 2-3 dozen for the price of 9.00 a dozen. I did I loved the colors.

5. countrygoddess

Do you have a link for their website? Not finding anything beyond a bunch of hits for Nair.

6. Horseshoe

Horseshoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Loganville Ga.
    Vetgirl
    I have a Isbar over wheaton marans that should be olive eggers

7. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    I have f2 olive egger eggs (olive egger roster over marans hens so they should be dark olive) they are 3/4 marans withthe blue egg gene commung from an eye hen. Rooster is muffed and pea combs.

I'll have eggs this week and ten it goes back to marans.

8. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    hi,
    would you be interested in your own flock.i have a rooster and 4 hens that will make you second gen super olive eggers..i have some eggs you could take a look at.
    pm me if you'd like.i live near macon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by