Olive Eggers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mothergoose1963, Dec 29, 2008.

1. mothergoose1963

mothergoose1963 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    Has anyone got pictures of their Olive Eggs? Anyone crossed a Marans with an Ameracauna and have the offspring's eggs? I am really curious what they will look like! Thanks!

2. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Do a search, there are some really good pictures on here somewhere... Maybe it's MaransGuy (?) that has the great eggers.

3. mothergoose1963

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    Thanks! I did a search before I posted this but couldnt find pics. I will keep lookin'! Thanks!

4. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

MaransGuys picture:

[​IMG]

5. mothergoose1963

Mar 14, 2008
    Midwest
    WOW!! Thanks for going to the trouble of finding those! They are beautiful!!

6. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    Ok after looking at those pictures I went out and put four of my EE 's that lay great blue eggs in with on of my BCM Roo's.I have got to have some of them eggs.

7. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I am working on barred olive eggers, so they can be sexed at birth and cut raising/production cost in half. Right now, raising/production cost is about quadrupled, but once I set the barring gene, and get mostly bearded, and olive, which I plan to do all this spring, it should be easy sailing after that. I have her in with a CBM right now, hoping for some "golden cuckoo" type barred EE's too!

8. gckiddhouse

gckiddhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    Desert Hills, AZ
    Hey onthespot! What kind of chicken is that in your avatar? she is beautiful!! I want one~!

9. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:I believe it's in the line of a Mille Fluer Cochin. Not certain but that is what it looks like to me [​IMG]

10. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:Huh? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by