Olive Eggs F/S - MS/LA border

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ruth, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    My Olive Eggers are once again laying and laying like crazy so I'm offering a dozen eggs for $55 to include shipping. The pics below are the actual eggs that will go out on Monday. I can fill two orders on Monday and possibly take additional orders after that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some eggs are very dark olive, some speckled, and some appear grey because they have a light grey powder coating over the olive egg. All are from offspring of a blue EE hen and a pure Black Copper Marans roo.

Offspring vary in looks with most looking like a blue copper marans and others looking like a pure black copper and yet others are solid black - some have muffs/some don't.

I've been selling these eggs for $100 per dozen but since it's winter and the market's down I'm offering a special. If they don't sell, I will hatch them and I sell the chicks for $12 each. I will wrap and heavily insulate the shipping box.

2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Here's a few pics that show the last batch of eggs - with better lighting. But I do have a lot more laying now and some are laying the beautiful speckled eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Was curious, who do you sell these eggs too?

I knew a guy who had a mixed batch of hens who laid olive eggs, but I didn't know there was a market for them (even for mixes).

4. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Quote:I've sold them to people here on BYC as well as auctions on EggBid. There's always a market for "unique" and different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by