olive green eggs

buffyandhersisters

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 16, 2009
My husband brought home 2 chickens yesterday b/c we lost a chick to the dog (like so many of you). He wasn't clear on the age difference and brought home laying hens (we have 5 week old chicks). I have them separated and there were 2 eggs today. One brown - I think she's a RIR, and one olive green. Not like Ameracauna green, but a real olive green. any ideas what kind of chicken? she's brown.

Thank you!

My daughter says the egg is tan, not green. Its definitely not your average brown egg. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

1 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Black Sexlink, 2 Ameracaunas, 1 Buff Cochin, 1 RIR, and 1 EE!

I have an EE/RIR hen who lays beautiful olive green eggs. I average 5 or 6 egg a week from her. If I didn't KNOW who's egg she was, I would swear she wasn't EE at all with exception of her peacomb. Here she is......

100_1265.jpg

My bird is a little more speckled brown than yours, but its good to know this is a normal colored egg from this kind of chicken. I was surprised (I'm obviously a beginner). Your chicken is beautiful!

Hi,

Your chicken is so-o-o pretty! I also have a chicken that lays olive green eggs! She's also not a typical EE but that's what I call her because I don't know what else she could be. Here's a picture of her:

ee1.jpg

Enjoy your green eggs!
smile.png
Genie

Back
Top Bottom