Olive Hill....you win HANDS DOWN

Discussion in 'Geese' started by bayyjayy, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I just finished all 129 pages of this GEESE forum....it took me a while, and, of course, I didn't read every post, just the ones I was interested in...anyway....this is the FUNNIEST by far of all the posts I read. I can totally picture this in my mind. Just thought I would bring it back for any newbies like me who need a good laugh. Olive Hill.... this is priceless!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=420713&p=1

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:That had me laughing so hard. and heres a few more that are funny. A.T. Hagan wrote:
    I have been idly toying with the idea of picking up geese as my next poultry species. These sorts of threads are just the sort of thing I need to convince me to idly toy with the idea still longer.

I used to have a pair of geese and I ADORED them. I got them as goslings and taught them how to swim in my jacuzzi bathtub, they loved the jets and spouts. A caveat about that though, it does make snobs out of them. They wanted no part of the cold water in the pond come spring. It took my husband going in swimming with them when it got hot during the summer to get them past the "EWWWWW there's no heat, where's the jets?" attitude. We had a blast tossing them off the end of the pier and watching them practically walk on the water to get back to shore. I would have more geese in a hot second! Actually, I will have more geese in the spring. I still really miss my pair, looks like somebody stole them and my ducks, they just all went missing at once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pat Lowe
    Vice President, IASA
    Dreamcatcher Arabian Horses LLC
    Stillwater, OK
    Report | Quote
    #20 11/21/2010 4:37 pm
    duck walk
    Overrun With Chickens

E-mail PM Re: My Mother Always Told Me Never to Get Between Fighting Dogs...I had a gander fight a few nights ago that I did not witness first hand...when I went out to feed them in the a.m., Herb, the Pomeranian had a bloody nose and spatter all over his front...and Barney, the Brown China who is the head man out there, was strutting his stuff...Herb must have gotten fresh with one of Barney's babes and got his clock cleaned for his advances...he hung out with the ducks for a few days...and maybe he has brain damage as yesterday morning he actually thought he could fly...he was all pumped up, started running and flapping, lifted off just enough to catch his toes on the lip of the kiddie pool and do a face plant in the water...he looked totally baffled...he is back with the ducks...

Drake fights are hilarious...all I have witnessed is chest bumping and pushing...who ever falls over first is the loser...

These ducks and geese are better than tv and movies and the comedy channel...they make me laugh every day...

as for "unusual" friendships, Barbara the black Indian Runner duck is still hanging with Merlin the White China gander...she adores him, complete with chatter and head bobbing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bad decisions make for good stories...
    Report | Quote
    Pages: « 1 2 3 »123Index » Geese » My Mother Always Told Me Never to Get Between Fighting Dogs...
    Subscribe to this topic

Board footerShow recent posts

Jump to

3. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Love it!

I read quite a few on here that made me laugh out LOUD! I love when that happens. It is fun to read back and find ones like these.

I did read the one about the Jacuzzi....made me laugh.

4. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    And, now I am sad and having withdrawals.....I need to start over on this forum.

Dang....it should be over 700 pages like the duck one. Double dang.

5. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Now see, if Olive Hill had just asked me I could have informed her that all the research suggests that geese are infuriated by the color purple. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by