Oliver the killer rooster

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
This is Oliver who barely tolerates me after two weeks of challenging me, won't even allow my mother to enter the yard.
Oliverinthehammock.jpg
No issues at all with my husband or son. I don't get it!
Edited to add-he stayed on my son's lap like that for almost 15 minutes. He was calm, quiet, almost happy to be there. It wasn't until the other roo George squawked when DH picked him up for a picture that Oliver calmly hopped down and ran over to see what the fuss was all about.

Last edited:
I have heard of some roosters liking women and hating men, I suppose the reverse can be true...(shrug)

Quote:
Apparently, but sheesh! I'm the one who feeds him, gives him treats. And mom does it when I'm not here. Some gratitude huh? My son chases him, won't let him near the hens because he thinks he's hurting them, and that he'll tolerate. I couldn't walk through my backyard for two weeks without knowing where he was and having a tomato stake in my hand to swing at him if he charged me. :eek:

Well that explains it a little bit better.

Your son takes him head on so he is the dominate roo, your roo is showing respect to your son.

You shoooo him so he has no respect for you. I think it is Rooster red who has a page that shows you how to tame your roo. Can anyone point her in his direction or the direction of his page on taking on a mean roo. Good luck

Quote:
Oh yeah, I've read it and a lot of other helpful posts and we've made great strides. It's just funny that my kid goes about his business and does exactly what he needs to do to show the roosters that he's boss.

Back
Top Bottom